Call for Postdocs
The Leonhard Euler International Mathematical Institute in St. Petersburg is seeking postdocs in all areas of Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, Mathematical and Theoretical Physics.
Applicants should send their applications to email@example.com.
The applications should include:
- List of publications (including preprints, if necessary),
- Description of research interests, ideally mentioning possible host or other research contacts in St. Petersburg,
- Names, affiliations and contacts of 2-3 people willing to send recommendation letters if asked by the committee,
- Any special requirements wrt the dates, etc.
- Competitive salary of 136,766 RUB per month (taxed at 13% for residents and foreigners), this is double the average salary in St. Petersburg,
- Housing allowance enough to cover all or most of the rent (in addition to the salary),
- The institute partially covers travelling expenses to St. Petersburg of up to 300 Euro for the postdocs from Europe and up to 600 Euro for the postdocs outside Europe,
- The institute has some funds for covering participation in conferences that cannot be covered from other sources,
- 1 or 2 years extendable for another year,
- Small teaching load,
- Flexibility with respect to the starting date, length, specific calendar requirements (such as a leave in the middle).
St. Petersburg is the most beautiful city in the world and has multiple mathematical locations including St. Petersburg Department of Steklov Institute of Mathematics and the newly created Department of Mathematics and Computer Science in St. Petersburg State University (the links are provided also as a “menu” of possible hosts).
The preference is given to applications completed before December 9, 2021. However, the Call will remain active throughout the whole year.
Preferable starting date is September 1, 2022.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask them by email.