Leonhard Euler International Mathematical Institute (EIMI) in Saint Petersburg opens a call for programs 2021 and 2022. We expect to host two such programs each calendar year. The selection criteria for accepting a proposal are its scientific strength and the degree to which the program would benefit mathematical research and post-graduate training in the Russian Federation.
The proposals (at most 4 pages) should include:
- a general description of the research area of the program,
- a description of the scientific impact of the program for this research area,
- a description of specific research problems that will be central to the program,
- a list of suggested participants with expected stay duration, most of whom should have indicated their interest in coming to the program for a substantial period of time,
- approximate numbers of other participants who cannot be named at this moment (for example, participants of the student school, etc.),
- 2 – 4 members of the organizing committee (at least one member from the local mathematical community and at least one from outside St Petersburg),
- a short CV of each member of the organizing committee.
Recommendations and requirements:
- A program should be between 3 and 6 months long, preferably avoiding an extensive use of summer periods,
- It should have at least one student school, at least one 5 days conference, at least one seminar on a weekly basis and at least two mini-courses for advanced students,
- The presence of external organizers (at least one at any moment) should be ensured throughout the program; details should be indicated.
- At least 1/3 of the program participants should be at a postdoc level or younger.
During the program, EIMI provides:
- All necessary facilities at EIMI,
- The Institute fully covers the long-term stay of senior researchers and postdocs by paying salaries,
- Travel expenses of short terms visitors and participants of conferences will also be covered either partially or fully.
Deadline: Proposals should be sent to email@example.com by May 15, 2020.
Decisions will be made by the board before the end of May 2020.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the institute at their earliest convenience to indicate their interest in applying (ideally including the tentative program name). Possible questions should be addressed to the same address above.